Faculty Positions – Civil Engineering Department of Civil Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
The Department of Civil Engineering at National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor levels. Anticipated start date is February 1, 2021, but no later than August 1, 2020.
National Cheng Kung University seeks to attract exceptional candidates with interests and expertise in civil engineering with a focus on structural engineering, computational mechanics, railway engineering,construction materials, geotechnical engineering, construction management, and application of information technology. The qualified candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline and demonstrate excellent potential to build an independent research program at the forefront of their fields, as well as ability to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in English. The successful candidate will conduct original research, advise graduate students, and educate and mentor students.
1. Applications Send the application to Dr. Tu-Cheng Hung (email@example.com) by September 15, 2020.
Applications shall include
(1) A detailed curriculum vitae with information of the birth year, contact address, phone number, email address, educational background, area of expertise, and publication list.
(2) A statement about present appointments, past experiences, plans of future research, and teaching interests.
(3) The abstract of the Ph.D. dissertation and selected copies of representative publications in the past 5 years.
(4) List of 2 to 3 referees with contact information.
(5) Optional for the initial review but will be requested when needed: (a) a copy of the Ph.D. diploma and (b) undergraduate and graduate transcripts for candidates with a Ph.D. degree awarded in less than 10 years.
2. Contact Chair of Faculty Search Committee
Professor Chung Fang
Tel: +886-6-2757575 ext. 63142